Saturday, June 17, 2006

Media enquiry? Please read...

Email it to RachelNorthLondon AT googlemail DOT COM.

And I will pass it over straight away to the PR professionals who are kindly helping us out, gratis. We know that you have deadlines and it is your job to ask people for stories. You are likely to get your interview, if it is a *reasonable request, but the PR firm are now going to take over all the organising and liasing and what have you, so I and others don't get swamped answering all the enquiries. Goody, I am now going to water my lavender bushes with a considerably lighter heart.

* however, to the Screwspaper that asked for ''an attractive family, with kiddies'', whose mum or dad had died or been badly injured, ''willing to pose at a party with presents and gifts and entertainers and so on'', signifying the wily paper's desire to reach out and touch the lives of victims in a heart-string-strumming, cockle-warming, entirely contrived and rather offensively sick-making way...no. And yes, sometimes words do fail me. Which is why you didn't get a reply.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"..asked for ''an attractive family, with kiddies'', whose mum or dad had died or been badly injured, ''willing to pose at a party with presents and gifts and entertainers and so on'.."

Ugh...so gald I never went into journalism, if that's what you have to do for a living on that 'paper'! Just sick.....

June 17, 2006 4:18 pm  
Blogger septicisle said...

I personally would tell all journalists of the tabloid Murdoch variety to go forth and sodomise themselves. That might just be me though...

June 17, 2006 6:06 pm  
Blogger Davide Simonetti said...

Good grief! Some journos are completely shameless. Getting help from a PR firm was a real stroke of luck, good on them.

I hope you and J get to take a holiday, go somewhere nice and far away from all this, for a while at least. You need a break.

June 17, 2006 7:21 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

It has to be said that most journalist requests have been professional, and kindly-phrased. It is not their fault that there is no press officer for handling media requests for survivors and that survivors are left to handle it themselves.

Perhaps that is a learning for next time.I don't mind speaking out where appropriate if it will do some good, but I was just not set up to take on the role of press officer as well as my day job. Fortunately, now I don't have to any more.

June 18, 2006 9:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home