Sunday, October 22, 2006

20 Things to do before I die

Inspired by a post on urban75 where people are thinking of 50 things to do before they die, which is a bit ambitious. 20 things is still quite a lot to think of, but I'm going to have a stab at it, and I'd love to hear what you would like to do before you die - either in the comments or by linking to your blog. If you can't think of 20, never mind, stick as many as you can think of up. Mundane or mighty, frivolous or deadly serious. It's a good way to spend an hour on a grey and rainy Sunday afternoon. Even though I am meant to be working.

In no particular order...
  1. Marry J
  2. Raise a happy family
  3. Publish a book
  4. Publish lots of books and make my living as a writer
  5. See the Northern lights
  6. See a whale close up ( not a dead one or a distressed beached one)
  7. Swim with a dolphin ( I know almost everyone says this but if a busy dolphin can fit me into his schedule I'd be very happy)
  8. Learn to play the guitar
  9. And sing at a gig, accompanying myself on the guitar
  10. Make a truly beautiful garden
  11. See the Inca/Mayan ruins
  12. Get my finances totally sorted
  13. Crush grapes with my feet to make wine
  14. Learn to speak Spanish and Italian fluently
  15. Learn a martial art
  16. Learn to flamenco dance
  17. Climb an active volcano
  18. Go to the other side of the world and back again
  19. Stay healthy
  20. Become a great grandmother

J can only think of ten at the moment. (He will add more when he has thought some more)

  1. Raise a family with me
  2. Go to a World Cup final. Preferably one with England in it.
  3. Go on the Orient Express
  4. Retire abroad and dodder about growing flowers and herbs in the sunshine going 'Rachel! Where are my glasses?' every half an hour
  5. The dolphin-swimming thing
  6. The watching Northern Lights thing
  7. Not the whale thing ' I don't think we should go anywhere near whales. I think we should leave them alone. They aren't tourist attractions. Or food.'
  8. Know King Fu to black belt standard
  9. Grow very old and wise
  10. Write a book as well ( copy cat).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit Scarborough again?

October 22, 2006 3:26 pm  
Blogger Holly Finch said...

sail across the atlantic... live in the sunshine for ever...have friends for dinner every night in a brand spanking new kitchen!

hope you're good...vino soono xx

October 22, 2006 7:54 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

I would like to travel more and meet new people and see all the wonders of the world. Oh and also get my finances up together somehow because otherwise I'll be going nowhere :).

October 23, 2006 11:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(In no particular order)
1. Buy a really good 35 mm camera with all the attachments, lens, and effects filters/gels.
2. Travel around Europe with said camera taking beautiful pictures of old churches, cathedrals, ruins, vineyards, etc.
3. Do some really great watercolour paintings from the photos I took in Europe.
4. Visit Japan. Same plan as above, but with Asian scenery.
5. See my son, Dan, realize his dream of owning his own pro-racing imports parts and customizing shop.
6. See him win another trophy at Southern Oregon Speedway.
7. Go river rafting next summer with my best friend who is coming to visit me in Oregon from Bristol, UK next year.
8. Trace my family tree back as far as I can.
9. Visit Egypt.
10. Let the office hunk seduce me at the next Christmas party!

October 24, 2006 12:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd just like to get some sleep really.

October 24, 2006 11:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Forty Things to do before I'm 40! Have a look here on www.before40.co.uk

November 03, 2006 4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home