Monday, January 08, 2007

Quick! Nominate Your Blog Post of the week on Blogger TV

18 Doughty St will have a discussion tonight from 9pm-10pm called Blogger TV, and I will be on it with other bloggers - Alex from Recess Monkey, James Cleverley, and Ben Sherread.
Iain Dale, hosting, has invited us to discuss issues du jour, including bullying and blogging, (following on from the post I made yesterday).

We'll also be nominating our Blog Posts of the Week, so if you have spotted a blog post that you think should be mentioned, please let me know and send it along in the comments. I am off to have a surf round my blogroll looking for particularly juicy nuggets...

Tim Worstall's Britblog Round-Up as usual provides some gems, including a great piece by NotSaussure who lays into New Labour's education and social policy. This is my front-runner so far.

''...Life isn’t perfect; we live in a fallen world. And by saying that we can perfect it, that we can prevent, if only we try hard enough, people from behaving irresponsibly or anti-socially by state action, we just make things worse.''

I also spotted Netherworld had two good posts on Saddam's execution - here and especially here. You might also want to see Iraqi blogger Riverbend on the subject. Curious Hamster has been writing about the heartbreaking deterioration in Iraq too.

UPDATE: Stumbling & Mumbling defends Ruth Kelly
Paul Linford has a good quiz to see how many of the 7 Deadly Sins you need forgiveness for. My halo isn't too burnished...

(Greed: Very Low, Gluttony: Low, Wrath: Low, Sloth: Low, Envy: Very Low, Lust: Low,
Pride: Low) . Phew.

UPDATE 2: Glen Greenwald lambasts the behaviour of the US Right Wing Blogosphere...( via Blood & Treasure)

''They are nothing more than hyper-partisan hysterics who jump on any innuendo or rumor or whispered suspicion as long as it promotes their rigid ideological views and political loyalties and hatreds. They have a long, shameful and really quite pitiful history...''

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might like to mention my post on Flash Gordon Brown its at http://reidmylips.wordpress.com. Iain Dale refers to this as John Reid MP (spoof). I assure you that I am not, I am hetrosexual...

January 08, 2007 1:04 pm  
Blogger Praguetory said...

This is the best post of the week from Susanne Lamido the Lib Dem whose membership was revoked. Second post down.

January 08, 2007 3:55 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Good luck tonight Rachel.

Sorry I won't be able to watch (still waiting on the insurance) but hopefully will be able to see the recording in my lunch break tomorrow.

Rx

January 08, 2007 5:41 pm  
Blogger Davide Simonetti said...

I think the Curious Hamster's post, The Good and the Bad is one of the best posts I've read this week. Not only does it show the tragedy unfolding in Iraq, it also highlights the unbelievable complexities and absurdities of the situation. As far as it's possible to explain the different conflicts going on, this post does it.

January 08, 2007 7:30 pm  
Blogger Davide Simonetti said...

Just watched the show and I thought you came across really well.

Cheers for the plug.

Dx

January 09, 2007 2:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home