Friday, March 23, 2007

Interesting news....


'Anti-terrorism police are to begin questioning three men arrested over the 7 July suicide bombings in London'. (more from the BBC)

But not the news to which I am referring....that is still to come.
Update: CNN have just asked me to comment on this. I said that I can't see that there is anything to comment on - these men have not been charged, I know nothing about them, they may be guilty, or innocent, of absolutely anything, we just don't know, and it is a very bad idea to start commenting on something as vague as mere arrests/questioning, particularly if there are to be charges and a trial, since for a ''7/7 person'' to publicly voice an opinion about these men based on such sketchy information runs the risk of being arguably prejudicial to a fair trial, (if they are charged), and unfair on the men, (if they are not charged and turn out to be innocent.)
On a purely personal note I am hoping that the police have made a breakthrough, I know a great many people have been working very hard indeed, for a long time, and are as anxious as anyone to gain further clarity in the terrible murders of 7 July. And it is encouraging to know that more clarity will soon be available to the public. As soon as a particular jury have concluded their duties.
Genette, a commenter points out that these images are taking from the trial run and are not, as I first thought, additional 7/7 CCTV images of the bombers entering Luton station.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Rachel,

Before you get inundated with comments, can I point out that the news report images are of three of the bombers on their "trial run" in June. The image from 7/7 is still the only one released from that Luton on that day.

Good luck with the wedding and the book and everything.

(ps. Though I'm not a 'loon, I don't mind if you don't publish this comment - I just wanted to point it out.)

Gx

March 23, 2007 12:33 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ah - cheers for that Genette, mea culpa, will amend.

March 23, 2007 12:36 pm  
Blogger Not Saussure said...

These arrests should -- not that they will, of course -- provide the answer to the conspiraloons' question about 'Why haven't they released all the CCTV footage, then?'

Because the case is still under investigation, so there's no way of knowing what footage you might one day want to show a jury, which is a lot easier to do if it hasn't been picked over and endlessly discussed on the internet. That's why.

March 23, 2007 2:43 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yes, quite right, and that's what the coppers said when we asked them about the non-release of the CCTV stuff...


Fingers crossed that this is a break through in the arrests

March 23, 2007 2:45 pm  
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

Various people have tried to link a guy called Abu Hamza to all this. I filmed with his posse over two or three years, the results are on Youtube. Here he preaches against terrorism in the UK a long time pre-7/7. He would do this most Fridays.

I've been reading your blog a while now and I'd value your opinion on all this as I'm still not sure what to make of it all myself. I am still in contact with a few of them, not many.

March 26, 2007 8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home