Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's all me, me, meme...

John Brissenden has tagged me to enthrall you with 8 random facts about me, as if you didn't know quite enough about me already. I will do so in order to inflict misery and suffering on fellow bloggers, if they are not meme fans, such is the effect of the relentless rain upon my temper...

1. Until fairly recently, the only time I had ever been in a newspaper was when I came third in a Church Times Easter colouring competition, aged six. The prize was a £5 book token.
2. Also when I was six, my artwork was featured on Tony Hart's Gallery, a 1970's TV children's art programme. The artwork was a parrot mounted on hessian, made out of lentils and pasta. My mother had helped me make it, so technically it was cheating.
3. My husband, a child himself at the time ( obviously) saw the pasta parrot on the TV and remembered the name of the child who had made it. When he first met me, many years later, and I told him my name, he said ''did you once make a pasta parrot and was it on Tony Hart's Gallery?'' See, we were meant for each other.
4.My brother's claim to fame, meanwhile, was that he met Wayne Sleep when the dimunuitive star was doing a panto in Norwich. Wayne Sleep said to my eight year old brother ''Those are nice trousers. Can I have them when you have finished with them?''
5. I used to own a copy of The Brownie Annual from the 1970's which featured Gary Glitter grinning in full make up and hairspray, with a brownie guide on each knee and one between his legs, with the strapline 'do you want to be in my gang?' on the front cover. It would probably be worth a bomb on ebay these days. Or to the News of the World.
6. My sister's claim to fame is that she met Oasis in Japan. My sister's life is much more glamorous than mine.
7. My favourite colour as a child was brown, for a whole year. This is what growing up in the 1970's did to you.
8. My worst culinary experience as a child was being given goats milk banan milkshakes by one of my mother's friends. The goat's milkshake was warm, and had lumps in.

Right, I tag Henry North London, Jailhouse Lawyer, Woffle ( who has just got engaged, congratulations), Jane Henry, GingerandDynamite, fromf*ckupto fab, Dave Bones, Dr Hiding Pup. I won't tell them, just tag them, so they can ignore it they want and another wretched meme can die a death...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

You were on Tony Hart's gallery! I kneel in your presence :) Being remembered for it so many years later is kind of scary though.

I don't have words to sympathise with the milkshake. Really, I don't.

July 05, 2007 1:27 pm  
Blogger jailhouselawyer said...

Effinhell, I will have to think about this one...

July 05, 2007 4:25 pm  
Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

I don't remember the parrot and I used to watch Tony Hart religiously, I'm all confuddled now...it must have happened in 1975 when I was away for three months in India. Thanks very much for the tag.

Henry x

July 05, 2007 6:35 pm  
Blogger Random Reflections said...

Is number 3 true - because that is the best fact I have ever read!

(Please don't shatter my illusions! For some reason I just think that is brilliant...)

July 05, 2007 7:18 pm  
Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

Eight random facts about me on my blog but no one tagged as I cant be arsed... Smile!

July 05, 2007 8:48 pm  
Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

My favourite colour in 1974 was purple so my mother got a purple Mini in 1975. It was brown in 1980, I had this obscene notion to paint the walls of our newly constructed loft room dark brown and have orange curtains......

Thankfully my parents stopped me...

July 05, 2007 9:26 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

It's really true, the hessian parrot/husband connection...

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction...


...and you get the strangest signs in the strangest times

July 05, 2007 10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home