Thursday, May 29, 2008

To be fair to Kitchens Direct

To be fair to Kitchens Direct, the kitchen is now installed and it is very lovely. The doors and cupboards are proper wood, not chipboard, the plinth fits properly, I have a new double oven and there is much more space for my pots and pans. I still need to paint it and tile it and put a floor down but it is much better than before. I only wish that the experience of ordering it, waiting for it, and having it installed had been less fraught.

Ellee is now looking for advice on kitchens so if you have any words of wisdom please pop over and let her know your thoughts.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear the kitchen is installed. I'm too busy to sit in mine at the moment.

May 29, 2008 4:35 pm  
Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Ikea. I have no patience for these kitchen companies. I visited Ellee's blog and was cracking up laughing because we had exactly the same experience with a Moben guy. We're getting a new kitchen but because we're deciding between black, red, green, or white (or a combo of two), we don't have the real wood aspect to worry about. Your kitchen certainly sounds lovely!

May 29, 2008 6:33 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Hi Rachel, I'm glad you are now a satisfied customer. I just wonder if it is possible to have a new or modified kitchen without suffering so much angst. Shouldn't this be a pleasurable experience? I am now totally confused by all the comments I have received and no further to reaching a conclusion.

May 29, 2008 8:12 pm  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Have to confess that after our experiences with Magnet about ten years ago we've always fitted our own kitchens. Well, OH has while I stand around making (un)helpful suggestions... We've installed the same Ikea kitchen in 4 houses in 8 years and the quality's been excellent. Next house - prob later this year - we'll put it in again but I'm going to have granite worktops again because solid wood and the endless oiling is driving me demented.

And thanks Ellee for making me laugh. One of my authors passed away yesterday and I've been a bit down about it.

May 30, 2008 9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home